SEND OFF WEEKEND
August 8-9 is "send-off weekend" for parish college students and our three FOCUS missionaries. A special blessing will be given at 5:30 pm, 9:30 and 11:30 am Masses. Please come!
PARISH FESTIVAL: COUNT DOWN TO SEPTEMBER 13--6 WEEKS
The Parish Festival and the food and fun that goes with it will be here before we know it! Mark your calendars for Sunday, September 13th and join us for the “WE ARE ONE” annual Parish Festival. The Festival is a great way to join in fellowship and service - celebrating together and working together to make the day a fun-filled event.
Donation Bags have been handed out and we are ready to build up the “treasures” for the ever popular Treasure Tower-it’s a “sell out” every year. We are inviting ALL our parish families to join in and make a donation to fill the Tower with great prizes.
* Donations must be NEW items, valued between $10 to $5,000 and can be anything you can think of.
* Popular items include: Home & garden items, tools, homemade crafts, toys & games, IPods or IPads, bikes, jewelry, religious items, gift cards & MORE!
* Cash donations are another option if you can’t think of that perfect item.
If you can, grab a donation bag and drop your donation in the Festival Tubs at the back of church or parish office over the next few weeks. We are happy to pick up items as well, please contact Carol Anderson at 402-379-0165.
* Festival Day Worker Signup–None of the events can run by themselves, so support our Parish by volunteering a couple hours of your day to help, then spend the rest of the day enjoying all of the activities!. Click on the link to see what events and shifts need your help. 2015 Festival Volunteers The activities needing volunteers are listed on tabs at the bottom of the google page. Email Carol Anderson or Bonnie Bretschneider or call the parish office (402-371-2621) to reserve your spot!
* Festival “Work Night”–Tuesday, August 11 (tentative date) Call or email Sheryl at the Parish Office now to sign up to help. We need lots of hands to help make ticket packets, paint signs, and finish other tasks for Festival preparation. We will have time for fun & fellowship.
NEXT MEETING DATE FOR THE FESTIVAL PLANNING COMMITTEE:
* August 4 at 7:00 pm Parish Center. Join us!
MEMORIAL & DEDICATION OPPORTUNITIES
We are grateful to the many that have offered their prayers and gifts to help make St. Mary’s Church a beautiful worship space for our parish family. We are nearly there, but still have opportunities to make a memorial or legacy gift.
One of the final wishes was to have 2 permanent projectors for St. Mary’s Church. Thanks to several generous donors, this wish is now a reality. Watch for their arrival this fall as they will help us experience and participate in worship in an exciting new way!
There are also a few other opportunities that you may wish to make a gift to:
Confessional Furnishings $2,000
Sanctuary Seating (Deacon/Servers) $4,000
Portable Sound Mixer $5,000
Organ Re-Install / Updates (Partially Sponsored) $5,000
Exterior & Courtyard Lighting $5,000
Contact Fr. Dan Andrews or Sheryl Cahoy for more info or to make a gift.402-371-2621
2015 YOUTH CHOIR
Begins August 20. Click here for details
THE BEAUTY OF THE MASS
Begins Wednesday, September 9. Click here for more info.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CATHOLIC FAITH?
Are you interested in learning more about the Catholic Church?
Are you curious about what Catholics believe?
Perhaps you’ve been thinking of becoming a full member of the Catholic Church?
Wherever you may be on your faith journey, we invite you to journey with us.
Come discover Jesus Christ and his Church. Sessions begin in late August.
For more information, questions, or to register, contact Philip Zimmerman at the Parish Office
at 371-2621 or email email@example.com
Stay Connected with Sacred Heart Parish and Norfolk Catholic School
If you have moved, changed your phone number or email address Please fill out our simple Information Update Form so we can update our database. Thank you!
Fr. Andrews Blog
Sacred Heart Stewards
Renewing our church
(and our church building as well)
Are You New to the Parish?
Or maybe you changed your email? Sign up to get the Weekly and Monthly events and activities taking place in our Parish community delivered right to your fingertips.
Click on Lectio logo to print out the Scripture passages
CELEBRATION OF MARRIAGE
ALTAR SOCIETY BRUNCH 2015
YOUTH CHOIR MUSICAL
January 10, 2016
MARCH FOR LIFE
January 19-14, 2016
MEALS ON WHEELS 2016
February 29-March 25